Monday 22 September 2014

Art for the assistant principle

Firstly, I thought about looking at the windows and changing them into a stainless glass window. I went on to do a little research into stainless glass windows.
Heres the first image I found that I liked, I liked this because of the individual strips and the circles. 
This image below reminds me a little of mandarins work but instead of straight lines it has curves. It is a little similar because of the squares that are all different sizes with bright colourful colours.



Piet Mondrain said ' I tend to think of the brain as a giant lump of gray matter, as a marvelously complex structure that controls consciousness and intelligence.' i feel that the would work well in the principles office as it is a complex structure and isn't too busy.

 Here I have used photoshop and created my own stainless glass window. I could do this by filling each section in with different paintings or just stainless glass choosing my colours and adding images within it. I could also do this digitally by using photoshop and testing out different shapes to see what works best.
  
After looking at stainless glass i then went on to look at mosaic. Mosaic is basically loads of small individual tiles put together to make an image. I could look into something that represents worksop and base a mosaic on it.
Heres a couple of images from my research

Shattered glass.
I thought of a image of a shattered window over the window but with each piece of glass could have an image inside or broken glass could be in a different shape to usual. could paint the shapes of the glass?

stainless glass windows 
This window below is made of recycled glass bottles I really like this as its environmental friendly also I like the different shades of greens used and the different size circles.
Since Versailles is considered a museum, displayed in the middle of some of the rooms are modern artworks including Stained glass window. below is an image of the stand glass window. i like this as it is abstract and very colourful.
Below is a stainless glass window quilted, I really like this idea as it is a mixture of textures and colours. it is different from glass so therefore wouldn't be able to make it as a window because it is material but would work nice as a piece of art for the wall.

Ink & water 

I really like the effect of ink in water so I decided to look at some images on the internet.
After looking into ink in water I will do an experiment of ink in water and see how it turns out.




Here is an image of ink powder splashed onto paper and blown.
Here is another image but of oil, water, ink and coloured lights.
ink mixed with soapy water
After looking into ink and different ways in which i could change the substance i found an artist that uses ink. Yvonne Roberts below is an image of her work 'Explode' She did in May 2011. Ink and posca:-  it is an explosion of colour and shape marking the beginnings of her experimental pattern based work delicately blending water soluble and non water soluble inks together.






Education objects 







google images
google images
google images
cropped it 
changed colour by reducing 
changed the colour again
put google images into it.
my own images







 cropped 







No comments:

Post a Comment