Tuesday 29 April 2014



Russ Mills
I love the way that Russ Mills works because it is messy but still visual. Working in a messy form means the image doesn't have to be perfect and I feel working like this works best for me, I really like how he uses just black and white to show the lights and darks. After painting using acrylics I came back to it and roughly sketched  detail with a biro pen.

This is another image I have done inspired by Russ Mills, the first image is a portrait done by Russ the second image is my attempt at doing something similar and working in the same way I feel this worked out really well and was really simple but looks mind blowing. The last image is another one of Russ Mills paintings I interpreted a mixture of both the face from the first image and the orange/ red blend from the last image and think it worked really well.
On the right is another painting I have done inspired by Russ Mills I feel that I cannot work like this as it is hard but I have tried. A really good reason why I like Russ Mills work is because its messy and it doesn't matter if it goes wrong because it still looks good. I think after trying to do this on paper I will do an experiment and try doing this with face paint on my brother and see if I find it easier. Doing it in a different way may get me used to working in this way to then develop onto paper.
Here is a image of me trying to use the same style as Russ Mills but on skin instead of paper as I found it hard.
After doing this on skin I found it a little easier and went on to do a face mould and paint it.
This is me with clingfilm on my face as a barrier from the modrock.I covered all of my face but left a hole below the nose so I could breath.
This is an image of me with the modrock on and waiting for it to set.I then took off the mould ready to paint.


No comments:

Post a Comment