Sunday 7 June 2015

FMP

To start my project off started by looking into Disney films and how some of the characters could be made using latex, face paints ect. And how the special effects have changed over the years.

I started off by looking into beauty and the beast.
beauty and the beast trailer (1991)
I sketched out the beast and annotated each section in which I could make this as a costume, mask. This isn't a very clear picture but I thought through what materials would work best for each section on the mask.
I didn't want to stick to my first idea as this was just research and explorations so I looked further into Disney films and came up with a list in which some characters would be good to make but change the charachteristics and make them my own.

At this point I didn't want to go too into depth with my ideas I just jotted down a couple of ideas I could do.
I started of with snow white and the seven dwarfs.

My idea for this film was to create a witches face with face paint and attach it to a mirror having smudged green paint all over the mirror. This would just be an experiment.


IMAGE


Also I got the idea of creating quick costumes for the 7 dwarfs and paint faces. Someone who I follow on instagram inspired me as she paints faces using snazaroo and mua makeup but altering the position on the face.



She has a wide range of Disney characters and I really like them but I prefer to use more than just facepaint to make things look 3D.







An artist that inspired me whilst doing research was alexa meade. I love the way that she uses the body as a canvas. I also found some images of food that she painted at the start of her journey this inspired me and as snow white and the seven dwarfs has an apple I will do an experiment and pant some fruit to see what the outcome is.

an orange this image is an image of an orange i have painted it didn't work very well..
this is after i had took the excess paint off it looks better.
this has watercolour paint on  it so the dimples of the orange are still visible.
the strawberry was rubbish.

This didn't work very well.
 the banana looked the best painted


Little Mermaid


trying to make ariel my own mermaid I would do some research into what mermaids look like and how I would create some sections of the body
 

ideas of creatures I could use for a reference.
Hydra:-
A Hydra is a  freshwater coelenterate with a stalk-like tubular body and a ring of tentacles around the mouth. it has 7 heads 
and for each head cut off it grew two more.

Kraken
  1. A Kraken is an enormous mythical sea monster said to appear off the coast of Norway.
    i really like the tentacles. It looks like a giant squid.


Pirates of The caribbean. 

Davy Jones:-
heres a short clip from the film pirates of the Caribbean- Davy jones introduction, in this video it shows the creature very close the special effects to create this were amazing and it looks awesome!
 
Hammer head-Davy Jones:-
'Bootstrap' Bill Turner:-


Creating the mermaid.
sculpting of the mermaid


Naga
A Naga is part human, part cobra in form, associated with water and sometimes with mystical initiation.


Here is a couple of my sketches of water creatures using my research.







mermaid shell bra:
Here is my shell bra it isn't the best I could of probably done it better. but trying to manage my time effectively I moved on.


I tried to make a shell look like it was coming out of my skin using special effects but I only have a cheap rubbish kit so I couldn't do it but I tried and it failed!

facepaint:-
IMAGES (facepaint)

Webbed hands
I wasn't too sure how to do this so I watched a youtube tutorial.
my own attempt
IMAGE

GILLS:
 as you can see I have tried to create some gills on myself to cover the wax I used foundation but as I did it on my arm the foundation is a little lighter, didn't go too well so tried it with powder.



here I have used powder instead of foundation I feel it looks loads better.


Other Films that use special effects...

Hairspray
hairspray is a really popular musical
Ken banks:- ken was a makeup effects mold maker: for hairspray also he was in the mold department for Men in black II.
For around 20 years ken has been a professional special make up fx artist specializing in mold making (Silicone,Stone, Fiberglass) Prosthetic teeth , Eye Making. In 2003, He produced a DVD Eyes Made Easy Vol.1 a 56 minute guide on how to make realistic acrylic human eyes for props and dummies. Here is the clip.
Kenstools.com
Fangs for an up and coming film.
 
He also create hand made sculpting tools which are used by several Academy Award Winners and some of Hollywood's top artists and artists around the world.   
Kenstools.com
 
Kenstools.com
 
 on the link below is a book about making and applying prosthetics it looks really interesting and very helpful! I like it as its more what I want to look into doing. TV and film creatures ect.
worth a look!!
 
whist looking through images of Ken behind the scenes on hairspray this image popped up  it is an image behind the scenes documentation of the transformation of John Travolta into the character of Edna Turnblad for the film "Hairspray.
Here is an image before and after the special effects and sculpting was done.
the artist to do the makeup effects specialty body elements for john Travolta was a woman name Linda Notaro.
Creating Travolta into Turnblad.
 
-white chicks:-(2004)
white chicks is basically two disgraced FBI agents who go way undercover in an effort to protect hotel heiresses the Wilson Sisters from a kidnapping plot.
Heres a short clip of the trailer.I've put this on so you get a feel of the film.
 
 
 
 
 
makeup effects sculptor:- Martin Astles he also did the effect for Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl in 2003

-big mommas house:-(2000)
-mrs doubtfire:-(1993)
-beetle juice:-(1998)



Todd tucker



m
what is pollution ?
decaying
pollution monsters
decayed scales
monsters out of water
pollted rivers/lakes
film pirranah
80's film bad tarte




No comments:

Post a Comment